Friday, December 5, 2014

Dr Song 50% Lactic Acid Peel Review

This was the first time that I ever tried a peel at home. For my birthday once I got a gift certificate to get some amazing spa treatments, one of which was a pumpkin peel. I'm not sure exactly what was used in that treatment, but it was a different kind of thing all together. When I went to get it, I expected it to burn , and peel dead skin because that's what I think when I hear peel. That particular peel didn't do any of that. This Dr. Song's Lactic Acid Peel, I think is more along the lines of the traditional peel I was expecting. It did just what I would expect from a peel, when I put it on my face it burned, not to a greatly uncomfortable level, just what you would expect. The first time around, the instructions say to leave it on for only 1 minute. The only part that I was really happy to rinse was my nose. My pores there are large, and I think it sort of got in them, and burned like hell. After I rinsed , it was still stinging on my nose for a while. I did end up for a few days with a tiny spot of scabbiness where I imagine the old skin came off, maybe a little deeper than the rest.These are , however, sort of, all things that I was expecting, for the most part. My skin is also very sensitive to most products. After the first try the instructions tell you to put in on for two minutes from there on out, about once a week. I do notice that my face has less dry skin than it did, especially in these winter months. This product is made in the USA, and is FDA compliant. Dr Song focuses on products with natural ingredients. Lactic Acid tends to be a preferred peel for many people because it is gentler than some. Peels are great for  improving wrinkles, some types of acne, and discolorations in your skin. I'm excited to see what this product does for me over time.If you want to try this at home for yourself you can find it on Amazon here.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this information. I've been wanting to try a peel myself and I like that Dr. Song uses natural ingredients. Enjoy the rest of your week... :)

    ReplyDelete