Wednesday, October 19, 2016

My First Play by Sephora Box: Unboxing

Hey there lovely readers. I'm so excited to do my first unboxing for my new Play by Sephora box. I am a big Sephora fan. The store is like a playground for makeup addicts like me. I love trying new products. This subscription box is just $10 a month.  If you're not familiar with Sephora, here's what you need to know.
1. You can try on everything in the store before you buy it
2. They have a great return policy, even if you've tried the product.
3. Yes, it's expensive, but the products are excellent. You won't find them in a drug store.
4. You earn reward points with every purpose and can redeem them for free gifts when you sign up to be a beauty insider. You also get a free gift on your birthday.
5. They have free in store makeup lessons and mini makeovers.

Now that I've got your attention.lets dig into my October Play! box. I can hardly contain my excitement!

The box comes in true Sephora style with their trademark black and white stripes.
Inside you get a fold out  guide to all of the products. Attached to it is a card that you can bring into the store, to get 50 extra reward points, and a personalized tutorial for your products.

When you open up your guide. There is a description of each product, with cute illustrations. They tell you how to use it, what the ingredients are, and why it's cool. This is so helpful. You can also get exclusive info if you download the Play app.


All of the products came in an adorable canvas drawstring bag. 
This is great for storage or travel. 

And finally, drum roll please...........
The products.


The first thing I pulled out of the bag was Pharmacy Skin Dew. This is a hydrating mist and setting spray. You can use it to hydrate your skin before makeup, in between steps or after as a setting spray. It smells minty kind of like tea tree oil. I tried it on top of my makeup. It's refreshing. It does spray out quite a bit. I patted it into my skin. It gives it kind of a dewy appearancevwhich is nice. It doesn't feel sticky or tacky. It absorbs right away . This is a decent size sample.



The second product was the Smashbox, Always On Matte Liquid Lipstick in a shade called Driver's Seat. This is in an almost brick red or dark terracotta color. It's nice. I love smashbox products. They always have fun names and great products. When this lipstick says always on, it's because once you put this on it doesn't move. I switched it on my wrist and then let it dry. 

It takes some hard rubbing to make it move. I love that. It will stay all day. It has a great matte finish. You get a good sized sample.



Next, I pulled out Madam CJ Walker Beauty Culture Scent and Shine Coconut Oil. This is great for girls with curly hair like me. It's an oil that you can pull through wet or dry hair, that adds shine and hydrates. This smells Devine. To me it's like a vanilla cupcake. It was a decent size sample because it only takes a few drops. The smell alone is enough to make me use this, but I'm excited to see the hydrating and Shine. 



Next we have the Drunk Elephant TLC Framboos Glycolic Night Serum. This is made to resurface dull skin and give you a rAdiant complexion. I use serum often, so this was a cool one. I like the light clean fresh scent. It has a silky gel texture that left my skin feeling so soft. 



Next we have the Estee Edit by Estee Lauder. This is a flash photo gloss, designed to make your teeth look whiter in photos. It's a high shine gloss with a blue undertone to make your teeth look white.


. It has a nice scent to it. It's a thicker formula. You can't see the blue undertone..it looks clear but it is very shiny. I don't know if it makes my teeth look whiter but it's a very pretty gloss. I don't know you tell me?



The final item is the Silent St.  Fragrance by Derek Lam , which is part of his 10 Crosby collection. This comes in a typical sample size sprayer but one thing I love is that the sprayer sprayed the finest mist, not like your usual bottle that sprays way to much. It's perfect. A little goes a long way. This is a soft musk scent. I'm not sure it's for me, but it is very pretty soft and floral. 

Overall I was very happy with my October Play! Box.I 'll liked all of the products. The sample sizes were good. The bag was cute and there was lots of information. It's well worth $10. I think that the sandbox lipstick is probably that much alone. My only thought is that because I love Sephora so much for makeup, I would have liked to see more makeup products, but I'm excited to use all of the products more. I can't wait to see what's in next month's box. If you are interested in subscribing to Play! By Sephora you can get on the waiting list Here.

Thanks for reading !!!  xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment