Sunday, September 7, 2014

Alone At Midnight : A Collection of Horror Stories by Scott Zavoda Review

I don't know about all of you, but I love some good scary stories. This collection of horror stories I just read was great. They had all of the things you look for in a good scary story. Each of the stories had a good way to grab you at the beginning, and then went on to stretch out that  anxiety(the good kind) that comes with anticipation of what is going to happen. I have a problem where I have just read to many books or seen too many movies, that I seem to always have it figured out way before you should to really enjoy it, but that wasn't the case here. These stories were all new ideas, things you haven't  heard before, which is great! I would describe the collection as psychological thrillers, and I love stories that actually make you think, or turn out to be something you wouldn't expect. The stories seemed to me to do a great job of playing with peoples fears and nightmares, which is just what you want in a story. A few did have that cliffhanger sort of ending that some people love. For me it's infuriating lol, but that's just me. The stories, were very descriptive. The author definitely paints a picture, sometimes bordering on gruesome, but let's face it, it's a horror story so this is what we are expecting. After each story there is a quick insight from the author about how the story came about, I like this, it's interesting and I love to hear how the mind of a writer works to make a story come to life. Overall this was a great read. I think my favorite story was Bobby: It had some wonderful things about it love, camaraderie, retribution, this one had some particularly gruesome aspects, the parts that make you want to look away, so to speak, but it was different and interesting. I'm really glad I got to read this book. If you love horror stories, you can check out this ebook on Amazon here.

 I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment